Krausen Disturbed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crj5000

Reaction score
I have had a SN Pale Ale Clone brewing for a week and a half. I was forced to move my fridge and the krausen was mixed into the brew. Will I have any off tastes in the brew? Will it now be extremley bitter?

I have had a SN Pale Ale Clone brewing for a week and a half. I was forced to move my fridge and the krausen was mixed into the brew. Will I have any off tastes in the brew? Will it now be extremley bitter?

Do you normally skim the krausen off?

If not, then how is this any different?

Ale yeast is top fermenting,so you get yeast foam,known as krausen. No worries,since at the end of initial fermentation,it settles back into the beer anyway.

It will just help the yeast ferment out better imo. I've always been told to rouse settled yeast from the bottom of the fermenter to get it back into suspension and working again. I figure if the krausen is yeast and its not touching the wort then its not doing much. So I get it back in the wort that way

Latest posts

Back