Kool-Aid Berliner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_P

Reaction score
I am looking to brew a Berliner soon and heard about people using unsweetened Kool-Aid to add some color. Here is an example - https://untappd.com/b/cycle-brewing-company-ecto-cooliner/671247

I wanted to do something like this for mine, has anyone tried this before? For a 5 gal batch how much Kool-Aid would be needed to give it a bright color? I wanted to split my batch and do half with Peaches/Blackberries and not sure about the other half yet but I would like both to be very colorful. Thanks!

There is a South Florida brewery makes a berliner with Gatorade powder, Haterade. It tastes pretty good and just like fruit punch Gatorade.

J Wakefield, I went by there when I was in Miami back in March. I guess I could just add powder a little at a time and keep stirring until I get the color I am looking for.

You sure that's kool aid and not shots of woodruff or raspberry syrup, i.e. mit schuss? Why not do it right?

Back