Kona Pale Ale clone???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a quick google and found nothing, but you can get a lot of information from Kona themselves @ konabrewingco.com:

38 IBUs
ABV 5.9
14 Plato ~ 1.057OG
2-row pale malt, munich, honey malt,
Hops - Galena, Cascade, Mt. Hood.

Use this along with the general guidelines for a pale ale and you'll probably get close, after the first batch, you can adjust as you think it needs it be.

I can talk to John Abbot he is the creator of that beer and see if he will give up at least the grain and hops used. I will call him today sometime
JJ

jaybird said:
I can talk to John Abbot he is the creator of that beer and see if he will give up at least the grain and hops used. I will call him today sometime
JJ

Cool! The info I posted above comes from the website directly, I would hope it's accurate.

Pirate Ale said:
What is the conversion calculation from Plato to Gravity?

I think the formula is:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif] {Plato/(258.6-([Plato/258.2]*227.1)}+1 = Specific gravity

[/FONT]as per BYO.com, but you can use this website calculator for a quick reference, or use beersmith/promash to do the conversion.

Back