Kombucha in Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapo

Reaction score
Im having trouble finding kombucha commercially, and cant even find a bottle of it in my HFS's. Does anyone know where in the lower mainland BC I could find some? Its frustrating to no end to me, not to be able to find a scoby, kombucha, anything :s not to rant n rave or anything haha sorry

The yeast and the bacteria are wild, so what you really need is a starter. You can use mother of vinegar or some wine yeast and organic apple cider vinegar to get the colony going, and then add a little tea and sugar once you get some formation. Keep it warm (~70).

i work at goodness me natural foods market in ontario, we sell the kombucha scobie made by "sproutmaster" check it out online they ship us our shipments through purolator.

Thanks guys, I just realized I forgot to update. I found some GT at choices market in a nearby town...been buying it nearly everyday since while waiting for my culture to develop. Sooooo good. I have one batch going according to directions on making it from a bottle, and I have another going just by opening a bottle of GT and covering it with coffee filter and elastic around the neck. We'll see which goes better, faster, stronger etc

Back