Kolsch question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-crash

Reaction score
I want to make a kolsch... But I can't pager (its to warm now). Is this possible? Can I just use my kolsch recipe and not lager..? I'm looking for something to drink with gramps, and I'm not to sure how much he'd like my ipa's or cda's. :D

Make the bee cave Kolsch. Came out great. Have it in rap now.

image-3816207753.jpg

Yea smack pack. Also, just hooked up a bottle to the regulator and the gushed only reads 750 psi... The bottle has been sitting for a couple of years. Is this enough to fotce carb and push 5 gallons of tasty homebrew?

Make the bee cave Kolsch. Came out great. Have it in rap now.

I couldn't agree more!

This is my summer Wheat and Rye ; 75% Pilsen or two row, 25% max Wheat, 25% Rye (or not); and a Kolsch Yeast. Love it! I think the Kolsch Yeast in all the lighter Beers is perfect rather then a "true" Ale Yeast.

I am going to pull my first Kolsch out of primary this week. I used the WL Kolsch yeast specifically because it does best in the mid 60's. I will put into corny's and let it lager in keezer for a month. I guess I will know in a month or so...

I "lagered" my kolsch in a swamp cooler in the middle of the summer heat. Was able to hold a pretty consistent 40-42 degrees for a few weeks with a LOT of work swapping out ice bottles in the swamp cooler. It worked well enough for me. Don't know if I'd do it again, but it can be done.

Back