King Kooker Brew Stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using one for 6 years, and I really like mine.

Plenty of room to mount things. Burner is very capable, and it is incredibly sturdy.

Kettles in the picture are 16 gallons to give you some perspective.

Cheers!
20190929_085218.jpeg

Some people complained about the burners being super loud. Do you find that to be true on both the burners?

Jet burner is pretty loud. It never bothered me, but that's pretty subjective.

It was louder than the bayou classic burner I started with. Maybe someone else has compared them with a decibel meter.

The jet burner is very loud. But it also puts out a ridiculous amount of BTUs for a tiny amount of money. Worth every cent, especially if you brew on windy, or really cold days.

The jet burner is very loud. But it also puts out a ridiculous amount of BTUs for a tiny amount of money. Worth every cent, especially if you brew on windy, or really cold days.
He's not kidding on efficiency. I don't know precisely how often I fill my propane tank, but I want to say it is 4-6 10 gallon batches.

Very pleased with that.

Is the upper burner noticeably quieter? I’m doing small batch biab so don’t need a jet burner. Having the tiered setup would be nice for draining though. Also I have a wild ass dog that would be less likely to knock this over vs a freestanding burner.

I've used one as well for years, added diamond plate and stainless to it for wind guards and to just pimp it out, added a "floor" to the bottom for additional storage, you can see pics in the other king kooker thread. There's no question, the jut burner is loud, but I brew in the garage, so if one brews outside, it wouldn't be as big of an issue. I also took the heat guard plate that goes on the end and put it between the top burner and the frame at the bottom of that section so that it would protect my pump in the event of any boilovers from the top burner.

Last edited:
What did you do to build up the supports around main burner? My pot doesn't sit quit as I would like. That looks like a good solution.

I didn't need to, I use keggles and they sit on the angle iron frame.

I eventually closed the space at the front on the tall burner as it caused a problem once with heat and a hose coming off the pump.

I did most of it to minimize heat loss and for the bling factor. I got the metal for free as it was scrap from a friends business.

My only suggestion would be to get more angle iron the same size and bolt it into place as needed to support your kettle. If you know a welder, have it welded in place instead of bolting it in place.

Back