Kid Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I did not mispell it:) FID.... for Feathered Kid :D I don't have children yet, but this one can prove to be a handfull for certain. His name is Buddy and he is about 5 years old. My wife and I got him in NY while we resided there. I am never sure what to say about the decision that my SWMBO let me get him. My layoff was certain. We had no idea when it was going to happen but we knew it was going to happen soon. She thought that in the process of finding work I would need the companionship during the day. All in all between Buddy, his cage and toys... inicial VET apointments that included the standard battery of bird tests... we're talking about $2,000-2,500.

2560-101_0024.JPG

He is such a show off when it comes to a camera pointing at him....

He's a cutie. Of course, it looks like he has a couple of handy Ez-Grip handles coming out of his head (could be useful for hauling him around). Either that, or his horns are coming in a little askew. He wouldn't happen to be Satan's spawn, would he?

the_bird said:
He's a cutie. Of course, it looks like he has a couple of handy Ez-Grip handles coming out of his head (could be useful for hauling him around). Either that, or his horns are coming in a little askew. He wouldn't happen to be Satan's spawn, would he?

They're radio antennas so he can hear the Cubs giving up two grand-slams in one inning without having to fuss with a radio.

Cheesefood said:
They're radio antennas so he can hear the Cubs giving up two grand-slams in one inning without having to fuss with a radio.

You're not going to raise him a Cubs fan, are you? That poor kid.

Cheesefood said:

Haven't you suffered enough in your lifetime? Why pass Cub fandom to the poor kid? Send him over to the dark side :D

Some parents will say "I want my kids to have a better life than I did". Not me! If I'm forced to love a team that sucks as bad as the Cubs, then so is he.

I'd love for him to be a starting pitcher for the Cubs. Know why? So that in 3 years, he'll get a big contract to pitch for the Braves, he'll take them to a World Series and move his mom and dad out of cold Chicago and into a fatty house somewhere warm.

YAH! New avatar!

Gotta ask one thing of a Cubs fan, though. Watching my beloved BoSox and then your crosstown rivals win the last two titles; does it help you believe that your time is near, or is it just rubbing salt in the wounds?

the_bird said:
YAH! New avatar!

Gotta ask one thing of a Cubs fan, though. Watching my beloved BoSox and then your crosstown rivals win the last two titles; does it help you believe that your time is near, or is it just rubbing salt in the wounds?

The whole "We haven't won in 100 years and now we finally win" thing is played out. It's total bandwagon. The Cubs are unique and original. While other teams are figuring out ways to win, we're blaming goats and guys with cheap headphones. The Cubs aren't going to win. They don't need to win. How many other teams that haven't won a title in 95+ years hit 3 million fans per year? At the begining of last year, the Sox were lucky to get 17,000 fans.

And then look what happened. Sox won, the stadium sells out, and everyone in Chicago is wearing black. But look closer - those black Sox shirts are still dark black. All the jerseys have names of active players on them. T-shirts still have creases. Yep, everyone in Chicago is now wearing Sox black, and it was all purchased in September of 2005. I still don't see a Carlton Fisk or a Ron Kittle or a Harold Baines jersey. It's all Pierzynski and Buerhle and Podsednik.

So I'm happy that the Cubs aren't winning. When they do, suddenly everyone in the country will be wearing Blue and I'll never be able to get a ticket to a game.

Cheesefood said:
...And then look what happened. Sox won, the stadium sells out, and everyone in Chicago is wearing black. But look closer - those black Sox shirts are still dark black. All the jerseys have names of active players on them. T-shirts still have creases. Yep, everyone in Chicago is now wearing Sox black, and it was all purchased in September of 2005. I still don't see a Carlton Fisk or a Ron Kittle or a Harold Baines jersey. It's all Pierzynski and Buerhle and Podsednik.

I'm not a big fan of bandwagon fans either. And trust me, we've got a WHOLE bunch of em all of a sudden on the South Side. That being said, there are always been lots of Sox fans, we just don't support bad teams. The park is nice and all, but it's a long drive from my house. The Cubs have the HUGE advantage of the neighborhood being fun. Without that, the Cubs wouldn't draw and different than any other team.

And come on, you mean to tell me that if the Cubs ever won it all, you wouldn't have a whole new wardrobe of Cub stuff? I've got a couple throwbacks, but man, it's fun to wear World Series gear!

************STOP*****************

This thread has been 'jacked long enough. New MLB topic will start soon. Mods, feel free to move this conversation and delete this post.

Cheesefood said:
************STOP*****************

This thread has been 'jacked long enough. New MLB topic will start soon. Mods, feel free to move this conversation and delete this post.

Nah... that seems like an awfull lot of work... let's just string up the people who jacked it by their nuts and call it a day.

Nathan at thirteen. Just found out all those snow days at school have to be made up at the end of the year.

7601-DadandNathan.jpg
[/IMG]

Bump for a new pic of Cassie...

IMG_6484.jpg

She is SUCH my daughter... not only does she LOVE eating grain (preferable to cookies, she insists on having a little bowl of crystal 20 that she eats with a spoon), she's also developed a taste for DME.

She's also a certified airlock sniffer. She saw my starter bubbling away, and not only did I *have* to lift her up so she could see the bubbles, she needed me to hold her over the top so she could sniff the airlock. Then, she grabbed the back of my neck and pushed me down so that I would do the same...

That's great, Bird! It's fun to brew with the young 'uns. You get to tell them drinkin' stories. You may have to clean the stories up some, but you get to tell them.

I just want us to grow up with an open, honest relationship, so that she knows she can talk to me. As to the beer lessons, the one I'm trying to get into her brain immediately is "beware of strange men bearing vanilla beer" :D

What an incredibly beautiful child, dibby. I've always felt that most newborns look like I do on a Sunday morning. Minus the stubble of course. There was that one exception.... but I digress.

Anyway, good job on the noob.

Congrats Dibby. Ditto what the Baron said. For the first little while she'll either be sleeping, pooping or eating. (Or crying because they need to sleep, poop or eat)

- magno

magno said:
Congrats Dibby. Ditto what the Baron said. For the first little while she'll either be sleeping, pooping or eating. (Or crying because they need to sleep, poop or eat)

- magno

Cheers peoples :ban:

She sleeps basically all day until about 10pm and then is awake until 3am (as she was this morning zzzz)
Big sh1tter. At least six a day. The midwifes say that they either **** once a week, once a day or every couple of hours. Guess I am the lucky one!
She is cute though and I am not biased at all of course!

A nurse told us that most babies come out backwards on their schedules. Since the Mom was walking around all day they get rocked to sleep during those hours, and while Mom is sleeping is when they're awake and poking around. She'll come around to a more 'normal' schedule in a few weeks to a month. But not normal like you're hoping for... ;)

Back