Kid Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaiser said:
I hope I'm not to late here. I usually don't have family pictures on this lapop here. But I found one picture of my little girl in my inbox:

2249-ohhimommy.JPG

All by helsef, she climbed up on the layzy-susan to get to my wife's bithday cake while mommy wasn't watching. This was just to hilarious to be mad at her. She seems so resourceful.

Kai

Fast forward a dozen years... I would buy a few tap locks and such if I was you. Just a suggestion!

mary and i, a i think she's a year or so older now, prolly 3-4 in that pic... i'm still an uglygoat though ;)
new_064.sized.jpg

Brewpastor said:
Fast forward a dozen years... I would buy a few tap locks and such if I was you. Just a suggestion!

I guess that will be necessary. But she is half German, so her drinking age should be (21+16)/2 = 18.5 ;). But even before that she and her brother (on it's way) can be seriously involved in the brewing process even before that.

I mentioned this a few times already, but when I grew up I loved to drink Malzbier. This is essentially unfermented lightly hopped and carbonated wort (barley pop ??). In order to make this at home you will have to mash, boil, chill and force carbonate. It's ready to serve as soon as it is carbonated, but may not keep as long as beer since it lacks the alcohol.

Kai

Kaiser said:
I guess that will be necessary. But she is half German, so her drinking age should be (21+16)/2 = 18.5 ;). But even before that she and her brother (on it's way) can be seriously involved in the brewing process even before that.

I mentioned this a few times already, but when I grew up I loved to drink Malzbier. This is essentially unfermented lightly hopped and carbonated wort (barley pop ??). In order to make this at home you will have to mash, boil, chill and force carbonate. It's ready to serve as soon as it is carbonated, but may not keep as long as beer since it lacks the alcohol.

Kai

What kind of OG and IBUs are we talking? Was it light or dark? It sounds like it would be fun for my boys.

Brewpastor said:
What kind of OG and IBUs are we talking? Was it light or dark? It sounds like it would be fun for my boys.

It's pretty dark. I really have to get on the ball for this and dig up some recipes. The bitterness should not be percievable as such. When I drank it I didn't know that hops is used for this beer. Some German brewers even use it as starter wort for their yeast. Though others warn of this since it can contan high levels of non malt bases sugars since it doesn't have to comply with the prurity lay (it's not officially called Malzbier). There is one major brand that I have seen in a supermarked in the Boston area once: Vitamalz -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamalz

Unfortunately this is the only good English source I was able to find. The homepages of Vitamalz and Karamalz don't habe an English version :mad:.

I'll start a thread about this once I know more and have even brewed one. I may even make an extract version first so I don't have to fit this into my regular brewing schedule and can do this as an evening thing.

Kai

This is odd, Karamalz, one of the leading brands of Malt Beer in Germany, seems to have English content on their web-page but don't have it linked to their home page:
http://www.karamalz.de/frame.php?id=10&lang=en

You can play with the id=x setting to get to various pages.

there is a puerto rican drink my friend loves, called malto, basically the wort sans the yeast. it's really sweet, but tasty.

t1master said:
there is a puerto rican drink my friend loves, called malto, basically the wort sans the yeast. it's really sweet, but tasty.

Thanks T1,

That's what I was about to post as well since I came across this in my online search for Vitamalz and Karamalz.
I'll have to give it a try and see if it tastes similar.

Kai

Baron von BeeGee said:
Hey, congratulations!

yeah, thanks.

To you too. I saw the ultrasound comment. Time to get some batches in before you will be all swamped with helping out.

Kai

Baron von BeeGee said:
Left hand -> heir apparent.
Right hand -> stir mash.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
A delivery room is nice and clean, plus they have all kinds of hoses and stuff, and even oxygen. I think you could do pretty good brewing during delivery.

The Baron: Just keep doing those breathing exercises honey, while I get this siphon started. :D

The Barroness: You @(@&$# worthless piece of (@&*#$! :mad:

Before any beer, these guys are the pride and joy... #1 son is Ian, 10 at the end of this month. #2 son is Adam, 2 this past March...

Ize

My two boys before the first day of school last fall. It was the most recent pic I could find in which they weren't making goofy faces

Hey, y'all... new here, but since I'm a proud Daddy and all, I wanted to toss out a pic of my babe. Cutest. Kid. Ever (in my ever-so-humble opinion, I *may* be a little biased).

Beer is good, kidlings is better.

Cassiestruepersonality.jpg

El Pistolero said:
We don't do enough of this around here IMHO, and I just got a new school pic, so here's my youngest...she'll be 5 this Sunday.

Stella1.jpg

ElP..... remember this picture the next time she is stomping around having a tantrum. :D

the_bird said:
Hey, y'all... new here, but since I'm a proud Daddy and all, I wanted to toss out a pic of my babe. Cutest. Kid. Ever (in my ever-so-humble opinion, I *may* be a little biased).

Awesome. :) Welcome, the_bird!

This is my brewmaster in training. She'll be 5 this summer.

346%3B767%3A5%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3273%3E277%3E%3A38%3EWSNRCG%3D32337787%3C453%3Anu0mrj

Here she is helping out on a pale ale.

346%3B767%3A5%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3273%3E277%3E%3A38%3EWSNRCG%3D32337787%3A469%3Cnu0mrj

Here we are relaxing afterwards. Mine is amber ale, hers is homemade cream soda.

Very cool, Dude. How old are they?

Hey, you're a mod - I propose that this thread ought to be made sticky, so that we can easily add pics as the kidlings get older or do things particularly cool (which Cassie seems to be doing every day now). Plus, it makes the forum all the more respectable to SWMBO when she sees us talking about the little ones with pride - we're more than just a bunch of drunks, we're a bunch of drunks with cute kids.

magno said:
346%3B767%3A5%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3273%3E277%3E%3A38%3EWSNRCG%3D32337787%3A469%3Cnu0mrj

Here we are relaxing afterwards. Mine is amber ale, hers is homemade cream soda.

You look a little thin to be a homebrewer. We don't take kindly to you "I can see my feet when I look down" types. :D

Your brewmaster-in-training is a lot more helpful than mine. Past couple of times I've tried to get him involved it was "I need a break. I'm hungry. I'm sleepy. Play with me. I need a new diaper." You just can't get good help from a 6 month old these days.

Your girl is cute. What nationality is her mother? Your skin tone is extra-lite DME, but she looks like she has either Hispanic or Asian-Pacific genes giving her that nice, tan skin tone.

the_bird said:

She's a cutey all right, but you should get that ball in her left hand while she's young. Plenty of scholarship opportunities for a left-handed female pitcher. Scholarships = more beer money.

Her sport's going to be hoops. She's gonna play PF at either UConn or Tennessee. Can't tell from the pic, but she's a big girl, her percentiles have been high 90s for both height and weight. Although, I may reconsider; women's softball is a lot more fun to watch than women's hoops (does Jennie Finch still play?)

No kids to speak of now. I have tried fish with little success...

johnsma22 said:
Here are my two favorite ingredients!

John

Something tells me that is your desktop background.:D

Here's my daughters first hockey game...

bellehockey.jpg

and right around her first birthday...

belle-shoe.jpg

Cheesefood said:
You look a little thin to be a homebrewer. We don't take kindly to you "I can see my feet when I look down" types. :D

Your brewmaster-in-training is a lot more helpful than mine. Past couple of times I've tried to get him involved it was "I need a break. I'm hungry. I'm sleepy. Play with me. I need a new diaper." You just can't get good help from a 6 month old these days.

Your girl is cute. What nationality is her mother? Your skin tone is extra-lite DME, but she looks like she has either Hispanic or Asian-Pacific genes giving her that nice, tan skin tone.

She doesnt make it through an entire brewing session, but she enjoys the highlites, adding hops and "little animals that help us make beer", watching the airlock go...

Her mother is chinese, thats where she gets her good looks.

- magno

Back