Kenmore 12912 For Keezer Build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been toying with the idea of building a keezer for the last year or so. I've had my eye on the Kenmore 16949 because I like the black color, so I frequently go to the Sears website to check the price. Well, this weekend I went out there and find "Yikes! We're sorry, but that page is no longer available." From what I can tell, Sears has dropped this model!

They still have the white version (16922), but now they are also showing model 12912, which is also white but is listed as a full 9 cubic foot freezer vs. the 8.8 of the 16922. They are the same depth, but the 12912 is 2 inches wider and 0.75 inches taller. I have pin lock kegs, so the extra 2 inch width would be beneficial for me, as long as it translates to 2 more inches on the floor of the freezer.

The 12912 appears to be a new model, as there are no reviews for it yet. If Sears has dropped the 16949, I'm wondering if the 16922 is next to go since it doesn't make sense to me to have two models of almost the same size. Right now the 12912 lists for $10 less, and is shown to be a little more energy efficient.

My local Sears store does not have the 12912 in stock. I'm wondering if anyone else has considered this model for a keezer, and especially if anyone has the inside dimensions, including how large the compressor hump is?

I was already starting to envision a nice cherry wood collar (to match my tap handles) on a black freezer. It's just not the same on white in my mind. I enjoy woodworking, although I'm no expert, and built a pretty nice wood encased Son-of-a-Fermentation-Chiller. After seeing some of the beautiful keezer enclosures in this forum, my mind is wandering again.

Anyway, if anyone has any information on the Kenmore 12912, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back