Kegs into Keezers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Closet Fermenter

Bottle in front of me over frontal lobotomy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to do this for awhile. Lifting full kegs up and over the side of my keezer has been a strain for a vertically challenged lightweight me. I strained my back (again) a couple weeks ago getting my fermenter into position for a gravity feed closed transfer. Gonna try to avoid doing that again.
I picked up a $16 deer hoist & gambrel from Harbor Freight and put an eye hook on the ceiling of the utility room in front of my keezer. Now, it only requires about 12.5 lbs of pulling force to lift a full keg. I just put two in with ease. Should’ve done this a long time ago.
3A7FFBA1-E961-4826-9FF1-04EEDF199C85.jpeg

I was considering something like this, myself. My back's messed up enough as it is.
I have an old boat trailer winch that I am thinking about mounting to the wall and powering with my cordless drill to wind in the hoist rope. It couldn’t get any easier than that! Save your back; mine is thanking me tonight.

Back