Kegging Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner11

Reaction score
I’m getting close to the time to keg my first 2 batches of cider. I have a 3 gallon batch and a 1 gallon batch. Both are going to be kegged in 3 gallon and 1.5 gallon kegs respectively.

The 3 gallon batch is going to be ready first but the 1 gallon batch shortly after. Will it be okay to burst carb the 3 gallon batch and then disconnect it to burst carb the one gallon batch? My plan is to carb the 3 gallon batch at 30 psi for 24-36 hours and then back off to 12 psi for a couple days to have everything equalize. If it’s good then I will disconnect the keg and carb the one gallon batch. The plan for the one gallon is 12-18 hours at 30 psi and then backing off to 12 psi.

Is there anything I should do differently or am I going about this completely wrong? Any other tips? The last question, would this be a lot easier with a dual body regulator so I could do both at the same time?

Thanks for the help!

The fortunate thing about cider is that it lacks the proteins that malt has and does not really have a lasting foam. If you overcarbonate, it is not really an issue.

I keg my cider and purge the o2 and leave at room temperature until I am ready to backsweeten and chill and carb.

Back