Kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blarsen71

Reaction score
Just bought my first single keg brewing system. I was wondering what I would need to carbonate 2 kegs at the same time? Can I do it off of one CO2 tank?

Yes, one CO2 tank with a dual regulator set-up if you want different pressures on the two different tanks. If you want the same pressure on both tanks then don't need a second regulator -- just the fittings etc to connect the second tank.

You can do it off one tank no problem, you just need 2 lines coming off your regulator (one for each keg).

If you wanna carbonate 2 at the same time but to a different level, then you would need a regulator for each line

blarsen71 said:
Thank you!

Would I be able to force carbonate one of the kegs if I have another keg on this system or would I need two regulators?

day_trippr said:
Yes, you could do it with one regulator - if you carb at serving pressure (which is A Good Thing)...

Cheers!

Just curious, what PSI do you force carbonate at and for how long?

Without a dual regulator or a secondary regulator you won't be able to force carbonate at a high PSI for a fast turn around. However there are ways around this. You can disconnect the already-carbonated keg while the non-carbonated keg is force carbornating. There will be enough gas in the disconnected keg to still serve for a while. Or just force carb and serve at somewhere around 10-12 psi. Your specific psi maybe different, but in my 8 keg set-up I find 10-12 psi is a good balance between serving and achieving carbonation typical in American style beers. It just takes longer to carbonate.

lutherslagers said:
Without a dual regulator or a secondary regulator you won't be able to force carbonate at a high PSI for a fast turn around. However there are ways around this. You can disconnect the already-carbonated keg while the non-carbonated keg is force carbornating. There will be enough gas in the disconnected keg to still serve for a while. Or just force carb and serve at somewhere around 10-12 psi. Your specific psi maybe different, but in my 8 keg set-up I find 10-12 psi is a good balance between serving and achieving carbonation typical in American style beers. It just takes longer to carbonate.

How long and at what PSI do you force carbonate? During that time that imam force carbonating, I can shut off the already carbonated keg, force carbonate the new keg then adjust both to 10-12 PSI, correct?

How long and at what PSI do you force carbonate? During that time that imam force carbonating, I can shut off the already carbonated keg, force carbonate the new keg then adjust both to 10-12 PSI, correct?

Yes. Or you can hook up the new keg to 10-12 psi (the same as the other keg) and have it ready in 7-10 days without messing around with resetting things. That's normally what I do. I have 4 kegs, with one regulator, and it works perfectly.

Yes. Or you can hook up the new keg to 10-12 psi (the same as the other keg) and have it ready in 7-10 days without messing around with resetting things. That's normally what I do. I have 4 kegs, with one regulator, and it works perfectly.

That's what I was trying to say. And it takes 7-10 days for me too at 10-12 PSI.

Latest posts

Back