Kegging a 10 gallon batch. Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sd_brewbie

Reaction score
I brewed a 10 gallon batch last Saturday. My second time trying this volume. Last time I dry hopped 5 gallons and left the other 5 alone to make two distinct beers. This time it is just 10 gallon of the same beer (Belgian Wit).

I split the beer into two separate 6 gallon plastic carboys. Should I just transfer each to a keg individually, or should I transfer and blend half from each to my two kegs?

I think each fermenter got a bit of difference in trub (including coriander and orange peel). I also split my 2l starter (from two packs of wlp410) between both as evenly as I could eyeball it (pouring a little to each in succession to even out the settling yeast) but not sure I was 100% accurate. They both have been in lock step with fermentation activity. Thinking of blending the two back so both kegs can be the same.

You can do whatever you like this is a hobby after all!

My opinion you have to taste them and see. Assuming your ferm temp was the same and the amount of yeast was in the same ball park and all other conditions were the same you should have the same beer in both fermentors.

Try them both if can tell a difference blend them if not two separate kegs it is!

:mug:

Thanks, I expect them to be the same. They are in the same temp controlled chest freezer and are matching each other exactly in fermentation activity.

Latest posts

Back