Keggerator getting in in the dispensing line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Please

Reaction score
edit- Sorry the title should read "Keggerator getting air in the dispensing line"

I am having a problem with a recently tapped corny keg. I keep getting air in the line and I am not sure where it is coming from.
I changed the post on the keg and all the o-rings on the "out side but after I pour a beer you can watch bubbles start to form in the line and eventually there is a ton of air in the line.

Anyone ever had this problem before?

I switched to a different perlick faucet and the problem persists, I am at a loss and can't figure out the issue.

It definitely sounds like something is knocking the co2 out of solution. The question would be why- is there something plugging the "out" diptube? Or perhaps the beer is overcarbed and being served at a lower psi than it's carbonated to? Just a couple of thoughts!

I am thinking the CO2 is coming out of solution no that you mention it. I forced carbed the schwarzbier at about 30 PSI to get it ready faster for Christmas. The Out tube is not plugged so I think it may be that the beer is overcarbed and the serving pressure is lower. I guess I will just have to wait till it equalizes.
Thanks for your help.

Beer Please said:
I am thinking the CO2 is coming out of solution no that you mention it. I forced carbed the schwarzbier at about 30 PSI to get it ready faster for Christmas. The Out tube is not plugged so I think it may be that the beer is overcarbed and the serving pressure is lower. I guess I will just have to wait till it equalizes.
Thanks for your help.

If it is CO2 coming out of solution due to overcarb, you should be able to bleed the pressure off a few times to get back to a more equal state. Ensure that your regulator is closer to 10 +\- some margin, close reg-out, bleed reg., bleed keg headspace, wait 10 mins, bleed keg headspace again, open reg-out, you should be back in business. You should have now let some amount of carb out of solution. You can repeat if necessary.

Latest posts

Back