Kegged Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly-fisher

Reaction score
Would like to ask you folks a couple of questions regarding kegged Apfelwein.

But a little background should help with responses. I have a Coffin Box Keezer that I built a couple of years back, the keezer is large enough to hold 6 Corny kegs and a 10# CO2 bottle. The coffin box is designed with 5 taps that way I always have a cold keg ready to hook up.

The problem I have is funds only allowed me at the time to purchase one Perlick 525SS and shank the rest are Chrome 525's. The original intent was to keep one keg of Island Mist Wine in the keezer for the wife and her girlfriends and hooked up to the S.S. tap due to acidy levels. But folks are now enjoying the Apfelwein enough that I am regularly hooking up the Apfelwein to one of the Chrome faucets when friends are over ( lately every Friday evening and most Saturday evenings). I have search and haven't found anything regarding the acidity of Apfelwein on chrome faucets. I know wine will tear up the chrome plating but what about Apfelwein?

Any thoughts? Thank you for you responses in advance.
Dave

Back