Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I plan on building a kegerator out of a chest freezer and I bought the 5 gallon dual keg system with double body regulator from Midwest supplies.. My question is, besides the collar and keg dispensing taps.. Do I need to buy any other hoses? Should I buy the fridge converters or will everything besides the taps come with the kegging system that I bought?

According to the description on Midwest's site, that kit literally includes everything you'd need to dispense beer.

That said, it will likely include beer lines that are 5 or 6 foot lengths of 3/16" ID beer line. If past is prologue, you'll find those lines are too short and you'll graduate to 10-12 foot lengths.

Otherwise, it looks like a complete setup...

Cheers!

Yeah it does come with everything, but it has the cheap plastic part taps.. I want to get the stainless still taps, that look more like your regular kegerator/bar look.. I want to be able to pour beer without having to open the lid of the freezer.. Can I buy just the stainless steel taps or do I need to buy fridge conversion tap kits?

Yeah, you'll need to either buy a dual tap tower with SS faucets (to mount to the top of the keggerator) or buy shank assemblies + SS faucets (to mount to the front of the keggerator or collar). Most people seem to go the shank assembly route because you can change out your kegs without lifting up the lid and tower together. Depending on the length of the party tap tubing that you already have, you may be able to use the same tubing and ball lock or pin lock connections.

Back