Kegerator might be too small for corneys... :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carcinogen

Reaction score
I picked up a 60s-era commercial kegerator today for $100. Silly me, I didn't bring a tape measure. I figured that the regulator and co2 tank was worth that to me alone, so I snagged it. Unfortunately, the inner chest is exactly 23" high. I was hoping to use pin lock corneys anyway, but this appears to a tad too small for the kegs+connectors. Has anyone gone through this? Any suggestions before I start butchering the interior of the fridge?

My pin lock is exactly 22" tall to the highest part of the handle. Looks like you might have some troubles unless you go with a 3 gallon setup.

Pinlock kegs are 22", but the standard pin lock connectors would get you past 23". I found some shorter pin-lock connectors, but it'd still be tight for you, possibly, as the lines go up above the end of the connector and these connectors were almost impossible to find anymore. I have 24" to work with.

There is a place that was selling pin lock kegs converted to ball locks, and there are stainless ball lock right angle connectors.

Rich

Here is your best solution:

Buy another fridge or freezer to use as a kegerator, and you already have a tank and regulator.

Use the kegerator to ferment in.

Back