Kegerator keeps burping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adm369

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a fairly new kegerator (6 or so months old) that I've had no issues with. Recently I bought a new keg (Revolution Fistmas Ale) and refilled my c02 tank. After I replaced the co2 the faucet now "burps" every time I pour a beer and then exclusively dispenses foam.

I attempted to clean the lines today with a gravity cleaning kit I've used before. This time it was extremely difficult as the solution would not flow unless I aggressively squeezed the bottle and even then there was a very slow flow.

I've had plenty of kegs and this is the first time anything like this has happened and now the keg is useless. Is it possible the faucet is clogged?

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions! Thank you for all your help!

Adam

I'd have to believe the connection between keg and coupler is allowing CO2 to be injected into the beer flow. Is an O-ring missing?

Cheers!

Forgive me as I still am fairly new at this. Where does this O-ring go?

There's a few. There's one on each of the posts where the couplers connect(you should be able to see them with the couplers disconnected) I had this problem once, turned out to be a bad poppet(the spring loaded piece inside the post that seals the gas/liquid from escaping when the posts when the keg is not connected to anything)

I was assuming that the OP is buying commercial kegs, so he's most likely dealing with a Sanke coupler - a device I don't have any first-hand knowledge about. Hoping someone that does would chime in...

Cheers!

The sanke commercial Coupler works as follows. The Coupler has 2 rubber seals. The larger outer seal keeps CO2 from escaping into the atmosphere. The smaller inner seal prevents the gas from getting into the beer out flow. Now on the keg side we have one seal that separates the gas from the liquid. The inner seal on the coupler mates to the one seal on the keg. The burping is most likely caused by the inner seal on the coupling not selling correctly with the seal on the keg. Check for gouges and debris on both the keg and the coupler. If you don't see anything obvious, I would try putting some keg lube on the seals.

View attachment 1450982993468.jpg

View attachment 1450983011907.jpg

Back