Kegerator handle locked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramloese

Reaction score
All of the sudden my three handle kegerator feels like one of the handles are locked.

It's not dried up beer or anything, took the handle apart, all is clean.

Other handles work fine.

kegerator-mangrove-jacks-3-haner-til-3-kegs.jpg

What could it be?

If you’ve been a good boy for a while the sugar has locked those up. Don’t sweat it. Pull harder.

Oooh...Be careful not to snap a handle (it happens with those rear-seal faucets).
Not sure what "took the handle apart, all is clean" actually means, but I'd disconnect the keg, remove the stuck faucet and let it soak in the hottest water you can get out of the faucet until it frees up. Then consider a complete tear-down, clean-out, and re-assembly...

Cheers!

Rear sealing faucets are a pain in the ass. Definitely suggest upgrading asap! That use to happen to me all the time.

I was pulling so hard that I was rocking my kegerator back and forth. Soaked the faucet in hot oxyclean overnight and I was able to work it loose. A few weeks later I upgraded to an Intertap flow control faucet and haven't had any sticking since.

Back