Keg info please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onedon

Reaction score
I'm about to start a batch of Hef and may get a keg system so I can spead things up a little. Northern Brewer seems to be the best deal so far. Anyone got any suggestions? Also, what are your thoughts on force carbonation, and how should I change the amount of priming sugar accordingly?

Check this out: http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon-Cornelious-Keg-Ball-Lock_p_24-70.html

They're not always clean, and don't always hold pressure, but a good cleanup and new o-rings and they're worth it.

Force carbing works fine. As for priming in the keg, use the same amount of priming sugar as you would if you were bottling.

~Edit: Oops, I thought you were just asking about kegs, not a whole system. For the whole shebang, check out: www.beveragefactory.com

They normally have the best prices, and their service seems really good.

Kegging will not speed the ale up. If you force carbonate and start drinking immediately, it will taste like green beer. You have to wait just as long as you would for bottled beer.

Keg DO save a lot of work, if that's the speed up you are looking for.

i would say if you can wait, to check your local craigslist on a frequent basis. at least for austin, i see setups go every few weeks or so. and these are nice full setups. if you don't have time and don't mind spending a little mroe cash, like the links above, there are definite options out there for premade kits.

Back