Keg hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirty_martini

Reaction score
I have an IPA that I'm serving this weekend at a party. Its about 7 weeks old and was losing a little of it's hop punch. I decided to drop some hops in the keg (in a bag of course) on Sunday. It's already super bright and aromatic again, but I don't want it to be too "green". Should I remove the hop bag or should I just go ahead and serve it with the hops in the keg?

I've heard some people just leave them in the whole time, other people will attach a string so they can easily pull it out. Assuming there's no string on yours, I'd just leave it alone, at least until it starts to taste grassy. I think it takes a lot longer for the grassy notes to come out at lower temps, so you'll probably be fine without messing with it.

good to hear. the hop character is pretty bright right now...it tastes keg hopped. so fresh. For the record, the keg hops are .5oz each of citra, amarillo, and summit.

Latest posts

Back