Keezer inquiry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eastendershomebrew

Reaction score
Hello brewers,
I was just trying to get some info:
What size do i need to fit like 4 to 6 cornies in a keezer, is 7.0 cuFt too small?
also where can i find the best deal on towers.??
thanks cheers.

I can get five cornies in my 7.0 Frigidaire. Three on the floor and two on the compressor hump. I have a ten inch collar too. EBay may be a good place to start your search if you want to go he tower route.

I've got 4 cornies on the floor of my GE 7.2 chest freezer and can fit 2 more on the hump with the collar I have. The CO2 bottle would need to be outside to do this however. If you get this freezer and build a collar, make sure to go with a collar bigger than a 2 x 6. The kegs on the hump will not clear the lid by a couple inches with a 2x6 collar.

Hello brewers,
I was just trying to get some info:
What size do i need to fit like 4 to 6 cornies in a keezer, is 7.0 cuFt too small?
also where can i find the best deal on towers.??
thanks cheers.

7cf is too small.
I have the 7cf Holiday from Lowes, and it's VERY hard to get even 4 in there.

I recommend you cut out some cardboard discs the size of your cornys, and take them to the store and see what will work for you.

Edit: Oh yea, if you add a collar, you can get 6 in the Holiday 7cf :)

I've got a 7.5 cu ft Woods chest freezer with the small hump in the corner. It will hold 4 five gallon corny kegs with almost no room to spare and the hump will hold one of my 3 gallon kegs or a 5 lb CO2 cylinder. I have it fitted with a 2 X 6 collar and I'm sure glad that I didn't use anything taller. I think if I were doing it over, I would use 2 X 4's for the collar instead of the 2 X 6's. It's a long way to the bottom for cleaning. I've taken to using a shop vac to clean it out. Bending over the collar to reach the bottom was extremely uncomfortable to say the least.

I've got a 7.5 cu ft Woods chest freezer with the small hump in the corner. It will hold 4 five gallon corny kegs with almost no room to spare and the hump will hold one of my 3 gallon kegs or a 5 lb CO2 cylinder. I have it fitted with a 2 X 6 collar and I'm sure glad that I didn't use anything taller. I think if I were doing it over, I would use 2 X 4's for the collar instead of the 2 X 6's. It's a long way to the bottom for cleaning. I've taken to using a shop vac to clean it out. Bending over the collar to reach the bottom was extremely uncomfortable to say the least.

Zactly why my collar is attached to the freezer lid. My arms are short....plus full kegs are heavy!

I've have an 8.8 and I can get 7 corny's in there with CO2 on the hump. Depends on the model, too I suppose. 5 are for beer, 2 for SWMBO seltzer.

That sizing chart is the best thing out there. Personally, I have the Magic Chef 7.2 cu. ft chest freezer, I put a ten inch collar on it giving me enough room to have 6 kegs, 5 lbs CO2 bottle, a spare case of beer and all the gas and liquid hardware inside.

Hope that helps

That sizing chart is the best thing out there. Personally, I have the Magic Chef 7.2 cu. ft chest freezer, I put a ten inch collar on it giving me enough room to have 6 kegs, 5 lbs CO2 bottle, a spare case of beer and all the gas and liquid hardware inside.

Hope that helps

How many can you fit on the floor?

How many can you fit on the floor?

By floor I assume you mean inside the unit. If that is the case it will hold six. But, when you have that many in there it gets to be a pain pulling / placing kegs because the shanks get in the way, part of the reason I am thinking of doing a double hinge.

By floor I assume you mean inside the unit. If that is the case it will hold six. But, when you have that many in there it gets to be a pain pulling / placing kegs because the shanks get in the way, part of the reason I am thinking of doing a double hinge.

Sorry for not being clear. I'm assuming that the extra clearance granted by the collar allows you to put some kegs on the hump. My question is how many can you fit if you didn't have a collar (so, how many on the base floor of the freezer, not on the hump).

Sorry for not being clear. I'm assuming that the extra clearance granted by the collar allows you to put some kegs on the hump. My question is how many can you fit if you didn't have a collar (so, how many on the base floor of the freezer, not on the hump).

My mistake. If I don't have a collar installed I can fit 4 kegs and then put the gas hardware and tank on the hump. You can then put the basket back in and put some bottles or frosted mugs in it if you want.

My mistake. If I don't have a collar installed I can fit 4 kegs and then put the gas hardware and tank on the hump. You can then put the basket back in and put some bottles or frosted mugs in it if you want.

The Holiday 7cf will hold 3 comfortably on the floor - The 4th is VERY tight.
With 3, it'll fit a 20# tank on the floor. With 4 on the floor :))) it'll hold a 5# tank on the hump

Latest posts

Back