Keezer freezer size (4keg+2fermenters)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooden

Reaction score
What size freezer would you recommend getting to do 4 kegs on the floor (don't have them yet, probably ball lock) plus 2 - 5 or 6 gal carboys for like a "keezer/lagereezer" combo setup? My gut is telling me 10.2 cf models would be the way to go but not sure.

Also not sure I want to commit to a collar - would be nice to have the extra space would be handy. Might consider it since I might not always use the above qty filled but the thing is I am short, and I don't like the idea of having to reach much higher than necessary to say hoist a 6 gal glass fermenter over the side of it .....)

I have begun brewing 10 gal batches but am at my wits end bottling. I cannot bottle 99 bottles. I have 10 gallons of hoppy APA brewed 3 or 4 months ago due to my utter refusal to orchestrate this kind of a bottling mission. It will be kegged, eventually. I must make this. Please, please help me.

I have been reading on here for a couple hours tonight trying to find an answer to this question and have found lots of great info but most is diagrams of all kegs or all fermenters - not a hybrid keezer/lagereezer like I have in mind - so please don't blast me for asking....

Lastly, if amount of actual space is not a concern, is there a good reason to just do 2 separate keezers (say a 7cf for kegs and 5 cf for fermenters or something?)

Thanks,

Wooden

I think I'd like the option to have two keezers because you could set them at different temps when you wanted.

Back