Just started brewing this week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muente

Reaction score
Hello!

Greetings from Milwaukee, WI - the land of beer lol. After taking a local brewery tour, I got inspired to finally take the plunge. I got myself a Brewer's Edge Mash & Boil w/ Pump. I've got a background in chemistry, but I work in banking now...so I've got a little advanced knowledge. My first batch, just to try things out, was just 50% 6-row and flaked maize (cuz its cheap lol). Well, mistakes were made. Few too many beers during the process. But If distilling were legal, which it isn't, but if it WERE, I'd distill that batch into a whisky so as not to waste it.

I've got a second batch going that's so far working better than the first, and tonight I'm headed over to Northern Homebrew to get all the goods for a blackberry IPA! Right into the deep end I go!

Welcome, and that's the way to go. I switched from the keggle/propane setup to a Mash & Boil with Pump a year or so ago, and it's perfect for me.

That's sweet that you can choose to drive to Northern Brewery supply. I often get them to ship to me in Cincinnati. They don't have a retail store anywhere near me.

Last edited:
Back