Just ordered more rhizomes, but looking fro more.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerloaf

Reaction score
I currently grow 7 different hops. Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Hallertau, Mt Hood, Norhern Brewer, EKG, and just ordered Fuggle and Saaz today. I'm always on the lookout for Styrian Golding does anyone have a good source for those or have any of their own they want to get rid of or trade for some that I have?

Thanks,
Beerloaf.

Thanks I was unaware of that actually. I will have to look into it.

berloaf

I currently grow 7 different hops. Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Hallertau, Mt Hood, Norhern Brewer, EKG, and just ordered Fuggle and Saaz today. I'm always on the lookout for Styrian Golding does anyone have a good source for those or have any of their own they want to get rid of or trade for some that I have?

Thanks,
Beerloaf.

I grew ten variety when I was living in Central New England...

The best of the bunch were Santiam, Spalt Select, Perle, and Sterling. Each of them outperformed Cascade by quite a bit. Kent Goldings, Fuggles, and Wilimette limped along. Either Crystal or Wye Challenger had their rhizomes eaten by moles... After that happenned I decided to start regularly urinating on the ground near them to take care of the pests. The same thing can be achieved by dumping electric shaver clippings. All of the hops regardless of variety were absolutely pummeled by japanese beetles. The only solution I found was to incorporate milky spore powder into the ground.

Check this site... http://www.globalhops.com/index.html

Back