just a little reminder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Holmes

Reaction score
if you have a valve on your fermenter make sure its closed before you pour you wort in. caught it pretty quick so only lost about a cup. but coulda been really messy

Don't start siphoning your beer from the fermenter to the bottling bucket and then walk away without checking that the valve is closed. I lost nearly a gallon of beer onto the kitchen floor before I came back to notice the leakage.:mad:

I've got to say I do this at some step on almost every other brew. I either leave a kettle ball valve or a bucket spigot open at some point; I've spilled beer, wort, sanitiser, cleanser, and water by this method. You'd think I'd learn but no...

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Magic.

Also, don't, looking your bottling bucket and wonder why you left so much Starsan in there and dump out your priming sugar-into your batch of Starsan!

I was just writing up an article similar to this... A " do not forget" list for a brew day. Will definitely add it on there.

For me it's always forgetting to sanitizing that one spoon, that one bag, that one item that you forget in the hub bub of brewing.

This is why I like the red & white Italian spigots the most. If the lever's to the right,it's off. to the left,it's open. Quick & easy to spot. Besides forcing yourself not to rush through any step of your process. Haste does indeed make waste! :mug:

Latest posts

Back