Jumbled up grain order. 2020’s fun continues!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacenwaves

Reaction score
Lol, so I texted an order to a small LHBS yesterday and picked it up. When I got home I reaized that they had placed all the grain into the same bag thinking that I sent them a recipe. I guess I just assumed it would have come seperate.

so now I am the proud owner of:

5lbs of vienna
5lbs of wheat
5lbs of munich 10L
4lbs of pilsner

all in the same bag... doh!! Luckily its not milled.

My initial thoughts were to stir it up really good, and use half at a time for 5gal batches. Add some two row to each half and hop the heck out of it as if they were IPAs. A german IPA perhaps ( Using tettnanger and saaz), and a west coast ipa. It might be fun to serve them side by side ;)

what would you brew?? Cheers!

LOL, you going to whip out the magnifying glass and separate them by hand? ;)

edit: i'd brew a 10 gallon batch....

Haha, anything’s possible When you are stuck at home ;)
8F4C1D09-31C8-44B2-AF14-19F96CA50A14.jpeg

I figured I would just try my best to be sure each half is blended together pretty good so its uniform . Then I can hop each batch differently without It becoming too involved.

Man that’s funny! (Actually it’s not) but here are your lemons! Make some lemonade!

Seriously, you could split that up into thirds and make the first 2 you were planning on and add some dark malts and some marris otter and make a stout out of the third part.

Since its almost September, I would probably try for an Oktoberfest-ish beer with half.

-I put this in beersmith and you'll be right there with a slight color adjustment. wheat is out of place but so what. another lb of Munich if you have any would be good

Last edited:
Could add more wheat and a bit of chocolate wheat to make a dunkel Weiss.

Do you have a brewing friend that would be interested in taking a 5 gal batch of this new recipe and sharing something else?

Latest posts

Back