Juicy IPA thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutchaser

Reaction score
Looking at doing a juicy IPA kinda like a NE IPA but I don't really care if it's hazy or not. Here is what I was thinking:
10.5 lbs 2 row
3 lbs white wheat

.35 oz Columbus FWH
.50 oz citra @ 10
.50 oz. mosaic @10
.50oz Columbus whirlpool
1 oz Citra whirlpool
2 oz mosaic whirlpool

Dry hop 1 oz Columbus
2 citra
2 mosaic
us 05 yeast
I know it's not exactly an New England IPA but just looking for low IBU big juicy flavor.
What do you all think? Any advice is welcome!

My favorite way to extract lots of hop flavor n aroma is to do a hop stand. Add more hops at the end of the boil and let your brew sit for 20-30 minutes before you chill.

Double your Mosaic DH, halve your Columbus DH, add 4.5oz Honey Malt, and use Conan/1318 yeast to make this a juicy IPA.

last one i did was 9 ounces in the dry hop and 6 in whirlpool with 1 at 30 minutes

I'd move it all to whirlpool. Enough to hit IBUs and the rest in DH. Agreed with the honey malt.

Don't underestimate yeast selection and try to get sulfate/chloride around 150ppm as a safe zone.

3-4% not much.

I'd go 0% on the honey malt
and run with Pale what and Flaked Oats (Oats can be up to 20-30% from what I've seen)
you'll get plenty of body and silkiness from the oats.
and like th others have said increase your hopping in certain areas.

Latest posts

Back