Jr. Brewery Assistant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texmedic49

Reaction score
Brewed a couple of batches today and my 3 year old just had to help. Thought I'd share some pics. My wife just couldn't put down the camera or stop saying "that is soooo cute!" Anybody else have pics of their kids "helping"? I hope I don't get an infection...

Mods, if this would be better somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

DSCN0171a.jpg

DSCN0173a.jpg

DSCN0175a.jpg

DSCN0177a.jpg

DSCN0181a.jpg

haha I was like, where would the infection come from?

This is too funny. I figure I got another year till my boy is ready to "help". Even if it turns out infected, still good memories with the boy. Think he'll ask to taste the beer "He" made?
14852d1267619487-jr-brewery-assistant-dscn0181a.jpg

Think he'll ask to taste the beer "He" made?

Little dude already asks for sips when SWMBO and I have one for dinner. I think the batch pictured was actually Apfelwein. He hasn't tasted that yet, but I can't see him turning it down. We start them young down here in Texas...

Great pics!

My daughter is going to be 4, and she wants to "help" with my next batch, so you gave me a good look at what to expect. My son is only 3 weeks old, so he's got a way to go before he can help.

My son has been "helping" ever since he could walk. Shortly after he turned one his hand went right into the cooled wort just before I was about to pitch the yeast.

Since then he's "helped" by opening the valve shortly after flameout and getting hot wort all over the patio. But mostly he wants to help hold the hose out of the mash tun while I'm measuring the runnings.

Good times. :mug:

My little guy is only eight weeks, bu tI'm hoping to have a good process nailed down by the time he's old enough to help. It'll be a mostly (hopefully) electric and automated rig, so he should be able to safely flip the switches.

Thinking of also eventually building a peewee sized root beer rig to let him make his own soft drinks along side daddy.

I hope you don't mind, but that pic with his face in the funnel is gonna be my wallpaper for awhile...

I hope you don't mind, but that pic with his face in the funnel is gonna be my wallpaper for awhile...

Just...wow! Absolutely, I hope you enjoy the Charlie goodness on your computer! Maybe I should crop that down to avatar size. Yup, I think I'm gonna. I think it would make a good label too.

Good to know that so many folks got a kick out of these pics. It'll be a good story when he grows up. I was helping get him together this morning, and he asks to see the beer. I lifted him up and he exclaimed "BUBBLES!"

Back