Johnson Digital Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacGruber

Reaction score
I just received this in the mail. I'm a bumbling idiot when it comes to programming things like this. I'm going to use this to make lagers. Can someone give me easy to follow directions for setting this up? Thanks!

It should have come with instructions, but the essential settings are setpoint (sp) and differential (dif). Press "MENU" and it should say SP. Press "MENU" again and use the arrows to set what temperature you want it to maintain then press "MENU" again to lock in the value. To set the differential (the range above or below the setpoint the controller will maintain) press "MENU," scroll with the arrows until it say "dif," press "MENU" again and use the arrows to set the differential. Press "MENU" again to lock in the value. I'm sure you can look up he manual online for other settings. Hope this helps.

Thanks that does help. Is there anything about this product that could hurt my current refrigerator? I only ask because I'll be using my kegerator as a fermentation chamber.

Nope. All it does is override the temperature sensor of whatever you hook it up to by turning the appliance on and off as necessary to maintain temperature. The only interface between the controller and the appliance is the appliance being plugged into the controller.

Back