Jelp with no carbonation in stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindhop

Reaction score
I brewed a 10gallon batch of an Irish dry stout about 6 weeks ago. I kegged half and bottled the other half. Both taste great but after 2 weeks the bottles are under carbonated. I was thinking about pouring or some how racking the bottles to a keg and putting it on gas. I fear oxidation if I do this. Any advise would be helpful.

Oh by the way it tastes good flat so I can "suffer" through drinking it if I have to. Thanks

:mug:

Depending on your ABV, it might take a while. I had a 14% Belgian take almost a year to carb in the bottle.

Stouts, especially higher gravity can take a LONG time to carb up. Months is not an uncommon time frame. Just give it more time.

Stouts, especially higher gravity can take a LONG time to carb up. Months is not an uncommon time frame. Just give it more time.

This ^^, I give my bottle conditioned stouts 6-8 weeks before I test the first one.

Kegging is freaking awesome. I need to start practicing bottling a 6 pack of every brew and let age for a length of time and take notes. That gives great data for future brews.

Back