Jack White

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's funny is wiki note that Jack White said "he doesn't trust anyone that doesn't like Led Zepplin". I'm a huge Jack White fan. Hotel Yorba , Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground, Seven Nations Army are all awesome. Check out Lotetta Lynn's song Portland Oregon; it's very cool! Jack produces that whole album and sings with her on that tune.

He is pretty great. I've been watching him evolve over the past couple of years and have really enjoyed it.

Let me get this straight: Jack White is some sort of god, but Metallica isn't relevant? You guys should put down the homebrew, you've imbibed too much.

Metallica was AWESOME until the black album. Some of the black album was still great, but the slide had started. Their new stuff with the Pulp fiction beach guitar riffs is utterly IRRELEVANT.

Blue Orchid and/or Icky Thump do NOT make The White stripes, The Raconteurs, much less Jack White by himself, anything close to a "true rock god." Is he good at what he does? about 40% of the time, yes. Is he talented? of course he is. Does any of this put him in the same class as Led Zeppelin? Absolutely not. I LIKE Blue Orchid & Icky Thump, but to elevate this clown who takes his wife's last name when they married & then tells the media they're brother & sister to rock icon status? No fookin' way dude.
Regards, GF.

Regards. And FWIW, in an incredible move a few years back, I actually agreed that Plant and Kraus beat Radio Head for best album. He is amazing (so is she)

Perhaps I jumped the gun...a little.

I was saying that jack is a young zeppelin channeler. He isn't done.

and album sales are no longer a relevant indicator, so how do we compare? # of pandora subscriptions? # of illegal downloads?

It may be a winless argument.

Jack White is one man and Zeppelin is...well a band. Having said that, Jack White is multi-dimensional as Jimmy Page broke new ground. White is one of my favorite contemporary musicians. I never listen to Zeppelin anymore.

This thread is pretty funny, as I actually took all my Led Zeppelin off my ipod, and put all my White Stripes back on. The new solo album is pretty sick.

Odd isn't it?

If Zeppelin comes on the radio, I have respect for it, but don't really enjoy it anymore.

WFPK (local PubRad) played 2 songs in a row from Jack's new album. Sick doesn't begin to touch it!

I can't decided which is my favorite track from Blunderbuss. When I think I know the next track is even better. Then I start over and the first tracks are better the the latter. A vicious cycle. Truly a fantastic album.

grooveshark looks interesting.

You don't have kids do you?;)

After the last cd that got scratched beyond complete playability (and honestly it wasn't the kids, it was SWMBO;)) I loaded all of my CD's onto my computer and then into an MP3 player and a portable hard drive.

Threw the CDs away.

grooveshark looks interesting.

You don't have kids do you?;)

After the last cd that got scratched beyond complete playability (and honestly it wasn't the kids, it was SWMBO;)) I loaded all of my CD's onto my computer and then into an MP3 player and a portable hard drive.

Threw the CDs away.

I use it quite a bit.

This guy is a genius....can't get enough of his stuff...The Raconteurs, Dead Weather, and cant not wait for the new solo album.[/QUOTE]

This

This is my night tonight

image-875883142.jpg

With some pre show beers at the Sunset Cantina

Do some simple searches on the band you're telling other people they don't know enough about. It's fairly well-known amongst fans of The White Stripes and Jack White as a solo artist, that they admitted long ago that they were previously married.

Relax man, all the OP was trying to convey was that he really likes Jack White. In regard to the music, it hardly matters if the man was having intercourse with his sister or not.

Shoot! It was not netflix....ATTuverse at my Dad's I think?

Pandora regularly plays Jack's quiter stuff on the Beatles channel. Not definitive, but that speaks volumes to me.

That said, I had about given up on blaring guitars ever sounding original, and then Jack (think ickythump) came along and kicked that idea's teeth down it's throat. Talk about eclectic!

I've never really listened to a whole lot of his solo stuff but he definitely has a cool unique sound. I'll dig around and see if I can't find the documentary somewhere since I'm curious now.

I've never really listened to a whole lot of his solo stuff but he definitely has a cool unique sound. I'll dig around and see if I can't find the documentary somewhere since I'm curious now.

It is AWESOME.

He and Meg, a small crew for camera and gear, just travelled all over to real shows, and also to tons of little impromptu performances.

They just walked into a nursing home and set up and jammed.

They rented a boat and played while cruising around to different docks and such blaring through amps.

How cool would that be?

Just sitting someplace and the white Stripes just show up and start playing?

So, I really wish that last nights show was at The HOB or even The Orpheum. It was the first time I saw a concert at BU's Agganis Arena. The acoustics were terrible. The place was made for hockey, not shows. Still a great time.

Back