Check out this custom made "Brew"kulele. I'm having built!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silentdrinker

Reaction score
So I'm having a custom tenor ukulele built by a talented Luthier and fellow home brewer.

He's been working on it for about a month now. I should have it mid feb. It's not complete, so i will add more photos as I receive them.

I gave him total control over the final instrument. I gave him some info about what I like/don't like. But told him to roll with it and do what he thinks is best (he's the professional)

So What makes it a "Brew"kulele is the fact that he did some awesome inlay work. There is a green abalone Hop at the base of the fingerboard. He said he will be doing a Maple inlay of some barley as well. I don't even know where that will be, but I'm excited to see especially since the hop looks so awesome!

Enjoy the pix, I will update as I receive more:

Here is a rough cut of the top. It is cut from Red Cedar. The rosette is b/w/mahog/ash/rosewood/ash/mahog/w/b sandwich (each layer .015")
zzUSFyT.jpg

These are the sides. They're Mahogany (I believe the back is also Mahogany, but I'm not 100% sure)
aIYGTmB.jpg

Here's the rough cut of the neck:
g1kO7Ph.jpg

And here is the body assembled (ready for binding)
vZvY9JV.jpg

Here's what she's looking like so far! You can see the awesome green abalone hop inlay at the base of the finger board. I love it!
l8wUl62.jpg

Closer look
wevylhu.jpg

Again, I'll add the photos to this as I receive them.

Check his page and Facebook out (like him on Facebook too)
www.JBHguitars.com
And here's the link to his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/JBH-Guitars/143957565627314

I was half expecting to see the body shaped like a keg, like the pineapple sopranos. That looks gorgeous though! Glad to see some other home brewin' uke strummers

I was half expecting to see the body shaped like a keg, like the pineapple sopranos. That looks gorgeous though! Glad to see some other home brewin' uke strummers

Haha, naw I wanted something more traditional and classy vs cheesy.

Dude, that is strait awesome. I wish I could do that.

I know right?

The inlay is amazing. Very cool.

Ya, I'm really happy with the placement and look of it. We sorta talked yesterday about the barley inlay. He said he wasn't sure where to put it because of the size. He thought it would probably be on the head stock. I told him I thought maybe he planned on having the barley kind of wrap around the sides of the hop following the fingerboard profile a bit. He liked the idea, so he's going to see what he can do. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Looks great!
Ukulele playing home brewers of the world, UNITE!

:tank:

Sweet! I play uke too. It goes good with beer. :tank:

Ya, I play guitar, and have a beautiful acoustic I just love. But it's too big sometimes, so I've been wanting a smaller instrument for traveling and camping and what not. What better than a ukulele! So I've been wanting to get a really nice one for ages now. And ya, nothing will go better with the "brew"kulele than beer!

Back