Jack Daniels Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teromous

Beer Gnome
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife bought these Jack Daniels Ginger things that come in a bottle. I wasn't surprised, given that I've had their Jack & Coke in a can. I was surprised to find out that they are aluminum, and are pry-off. It seems like a pretty cool alternative to glass. You could take them on camping trips without worrying that they'll break, never have to worry about them getting light-struck, and it cools faster than glass.

Has anyone tried bottling their homebrew in these?

What level is that stuff carbonated to in the bottle/can? If it's the same as a soda I see no problem with trying to stick homebrew in there. Opaque bottles at least ought to be good for keeping your beer from skunking in the sun.

You should be ok. I believe I have seen several posts on here where people reused the miller/Bud aluminum pryoff bottles for packaging. I would ensure that the lip is not compromised by prying off and you probably need to use a bench capper on them as I do not think they have the crown on the neck thet the wing cappers torque against. So long as the inner coating is not scatched or scuffed to harbor nasties you should be ok. May make seeing the sediment in time to stop pouring difficult too.

Latest posts

Back