I've used one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleybug88

Reaction score
They were easy to use. Even if you had a three on a tree, or a four on the floor.

19805_957450054288337_6453443032490925674_n.jpg

My first truck had one.

What is rather disturbing is the small text at the bottom. Yooper pasty? I didn't even know she danced...

Get your mind out of the gutter.:) I noticed that too, but I was thinkin more like this kind of pasty. :mug:

th.jpg

But how many have driven a vehicle where that was the starter "solenoid"? Tractors and Military vehicles exempt.

Our old Studebaker had the high beam switch on the floor as well as the starter switch. The starter switch was under a tab that stuck out from the clutch pedal. Had to fully depress the clutch to start the car.

We had a couple when I was a kid. I got to drive one or two before auto manufacturers started getting smarter.

The one in our old truck pushed through the floor once. maybe it was the old car we had. I can't remember.

My dad's old Ford pickup that I drove around had that switch. I think his 1921 Cadillac has the starter there.

The Rescue truck at our fire department (1991 Ford) has one of those. Confuses the hell out of the rookies.

I drove these trucks in the 90's. ( they made them from 1957 to 1990 )
They had the high beam switch too but also next to it they had a switch to activate the windshield washer fluid. ( it had a rubber boot over it )

You really had to put some foot action into it to make it work. I had a sales rep ride with me one time and he saw me use it and he was like "What the heck!"

I got a chuckle out of that.

63b2c99cf8db12500d1ab8e0d033ecfa.jpg

I remember when they started the switch over. From KY so the joke was at the time that Indiana had to ban the switch on the column because the Hoosiers kept getting their foot stuck in the steering wheel.

Ahh. Memories.

Oh, and my 68 Mustang has one plus the foot operated windshield washer over it.
(If I ever get time to put it back together)

I remember when they started the switch over. From KY so the joke was at the time that Indiana had to ban the switch on the column because the Hoosiers kept getting their foot stuck in the steering wheel.

Ahh. Memories.

Oh, and my 68 Mustang has one plus the foot operated windshield washer over it.
(If I ever get time to put it back together)

Shoot, that reminds me I am going to have to replace mine in my 69 Stang when I get to that point!

It's been so long since I cut the floorboard out I can't remember if the switch was on the floor.

EDIT: Yep, floor mount. I remember taking it out now. It was hanging on by only half the sheet metal.

Looking through some pictures on my phone I came across this. It reminded me of this thread, so I'll just leave it here. Can was found cleaning the house of my wife's grandparents who had passed away.

View attachment 288731

View attachment 288733

Very cool! They started a new radio promotion here discussing the history of shiner.

I remember when they started gaining prominence. Everyone in the generation before me thought "Since when did Shiner start making good beer?".

It was part of the paradigm shift that we would come to know as the Craft Beer Revolution.

Back