I've been to Mecca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stile

Reaction score
Stopped by B3 today to pickup up a few things. When i asked about mash paddles, the young man told me to follow him back into the warehouse. I imeditally froze in my place........ me? You want me to follow you where??? As i choked out the last of my words, the doorway to the back Illuminated in a yellow golden color and a sense of warmth overcame me. A voice then told me to enter the promise land.

Now i've never been in "his" house before but i felt totally at ease with a sense of peace that I haven't felt in such a long time. As i walked through the door, i was meet with such a sight of wonder. For as far as i could see, there were rows and rows of shelves stacked with all the heavenly items that make our humble hobby possible.

As I walked around, i noticed a brew pot basked in a brillant blue glowing flame. As the voice again talked, the flame grew with intensity. "This my son, all created for you and your brewing brothers" I stood frozen, not looking directly into the flame. "But I am just a humble brewer" i said, "How is it that I am able to enter your kingdom?" The flame grew brighter and I thought for a moment that I would be burned. "All who brew my son are welcomed to enter and rejoice" Just then, the young man appeared and said that it was time to leave.

As i paid for my items and walked to the door, i looked back to the young man.. "Did i really see what i saw?" He just smiled, "Have a good day and happy brewing" As I closed the door, I caught my reflection in the glass. I noticed the hair around my sides of my head had turned white. I walked to my car with a smile that never seemed to end.

Oh yes, i've been to Mecca. A wonderous place it is.

This is one of those stories that never has a punch line or never resolves....

DID YOU GET THE MASH PADDLE???? :D

Ok ok, first off... no i didn't get the mash paddel. I wanted the SS paddle with the holes (They were out)

Second... OMG OMG OMG!!! I am SOOOOoooo ready for the zombie apocalypse. I have a full contingency plan and you are all invited when the ball drops. Granted most of my plan will be made up as we go along but when it comes time to start cracking zombie heads......... that's when the fun really begins :rockin::ban::rockin:

Now, did no one not get the whole Moses reference???

Back