Ive been away for a few weeks...Update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Well Ive taken a big leap...SWMBO has been great...I have been away from the forums for a few weeks and just wanted to give a quick update...Well things as far as brewing have taken off in leaps and bounds...I purchased a 14.5G Conical with Thermometer from John at Stout Tanks and Kettles here on the forums...UPS says delivery 4/27...I also found a source for kegs for $30 and have purchased 3...I am havinng them converted at a local weld shop that kinda specializes in brewing equiptment...He is charging me $65 for boil kettle with sight tube, therm and fittings...$70 for the MLT w/ false bottom, and another $60 for my hot liquor tank with a lid...I am having him convert an old king size and queen size bed frame into my brew stand w/ casters...I just need to figure out my heat sources to use and then I need to figure out plumbing for pumps and what sizes to use and where to get them...For now, im going to use the gravity method for 10G batches...I also have planted 3 rhizomes and they are doing well (Cascade, Magnum, Nugget)I cant believe that a little over a year ago I was doing my first extract Brown Ale and was posting my "Why isnt my airlock bubbling?" post...Well I just wanted to thank all of you for your knowledge and experience...Thanks again:mug:

Yea! bed frames make tremendous structures, they are harder than the hubs of hell, light weight to. Drilling one is another story, but nothing a gas axe can't handle.

Back