It's brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffd520

Reaction score
Starting my first all grain batch today any last minute advice?

I'm a newbie, but from my first two all grain batches, all I can say is be prepared. Make sure you have your sparge water ready to go, and make sure you have your cooling method ready to go. Those are the two things that stress me out on brew day for some reason!! Good luck and happy brewing!!

Have fun, be patient. As long as you have the time, it should be a pretty relaxing event. Good luck!

I always say, the first time AG is like the first time with some other things in life, your really nervous, it ends up being really fun and somehow it's over way too fast. haha

But ya relax man, make sure you've got your sparge water heated ahead of time, I know that was a mistake I made.

Everything went fine minus a few minor issues. My expected OG was 1.056 and I got 1.054 so not to far off.

So what did you end up brewing? I did my first all grain batch a week ago from yesterday, a Two Hearted Ale clone I found on this forum. Hopefully it comes out great; sounds like you did plenty of research ahead of time and hitting your gravity is always great. :mug:

Latest posts

Back