It's been too long

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signpost

Reaction score
I just bottled up a batch of beer today. It is the first brewing related activity I've done in about 3 months. Just got busy doing other things, blinked, and 3 months had passed.

Crazy.

It's a good thing all of the batches I had brewed were OK to age that long in the carboys. The one I bottled today is an Oat Wine - basically a barley wine made with 5 lbs of oats. Then my other carboys have an old ale and a bunch of sours. Now I need to find some time to brew something.

Welcome back! I'm about to take a hiatus with the upcoming birth of my son. I've been trying to build a pipeline lately but fell short bc life keeps getting in the way.

I guess I'll suffer through some commercial beers this winter. Darn

I have an Oktoberfest party every year that includes a selection of homebrew. I save a 6 pack of most of my brews since the previous year's party. However, certain beers (IPAs, DIPAs, Vanilla Porter, Coffee Stout) need to be drunk reasonably fresh so I go on a brewing binge from about July to mid-September. By that time (i.e. right now) I'm pretty burned out on brewing and usually take a break until Nov/Dec. The good news is that I have an even dozen brews ready for the party. Let the party commence :tank:

Well, I'm mashed in. This is my first brew day in months. And my last two brew days weren't even at home, so I can't remember how long it's been since I brewed on my home turf. I'm excited.

20 lbs. Pilsner
3 lbs. Vienna
1 lbs. Crystal 75

I'll bitter with Millenium, then give it a blast of flavor and aroma from a whole fist full of Cluster and maybe a little bit of Cascade.

Target gravity is 1.102 for a 6.5 gallon batch. Being out of practice, I'm not going to worry too much if I don't nail those numbers.

It's good to be brewing.

Now I have to get going on prepping my fermenter. Doing a 6.5 gallon batch, means I have to get my FastFerment cleaned up and sanitized.

Here goes. :tank:

Well, I'm mashed in. This is my first brew day in months. And my last two brew days weren't even at home, so I can't remember how long it's been since I brewed on my home turf. I'm excited.

20 lbs. Pilsner
3 lbs. Vienna
1 lbs. Crystal 75

I'll bitter with Millenium, then give it a blast of flavor and aroma from a whole fist full of Cluster and maybe a little bit of Cascade.

Target gravity is 1.102 for a 6.5 gallon batch. Being out of practice, I'm not going to worry too much if I don't nail those numbers.

It's good to be brewing.

Now I have to get going on prepping my fermenter. Doing a 6.5 gallon batch, means I have to get my FastFerment cleaned up and sanitized.

Here goes. :tank:

Holy Moly. First batch back and you're not messing around! Welcome back!

I took a break for about 6 months for the birth of my 2nd. Been back for a month or so now and brewing little biab batches on the stove. I brewed 2 times last week!

Yeah, I had gotten that grain from a big brew day event in the spring and didn't have a chance to brew with it then. It was all mixed together, so I decided to go for it.

This morning, I had to take off the airlock and put on a blow off tube. When I first got that FastFerment, I thought, "This thing is huge, I'll never have to worry about a blow off tube." And now I've just made a huge batch of a really strong beer that is going nuts.

I ended up with about 6.75 gallons at 1.097 OG. So, I didn't quite make my target, but I'm OK with where it ended up.

:rockin::D

Back