It's a Boy!!! What to Brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCBrewer

Reaction score
So my SWMBO and I are about to celebrate the birth of our son. We have two girls already and now I'm finally getting my boy! I'm looking for suggestions on what to brew to celebrate. I'm a relatively new brewer, just about to bottle my first AG batch, with a couple of AE batches under my belt as well. What do y'all think I should brew up? I'm not a fan of really hoppy beers (like to keep it under 35 - 40 IBU's) and really like wheat beer, other maltier styles and some fruit brews as wells. I'd love to get different recipe/recommendations from the folks here at HBT!

Thanks!!

Brew a BIG BOY beer! Seriously though, how about a barleywine malt bomb. Go big and let that "bad boy" age. Keep a few for his first couple birthdays. Good luck

I like the idea of one that can age well. Either that or go for something you can have fun with in the name. I'm thinking "'Finally a Pecker' Porter" since this one will have one. There's also, "'He'll Stand to Pee' Pale Ale."

I brewed a Maibock to celebrate the birth of my niece's firstborn, due in the next week & 1/2

Calichusetts idea is a good one too, but save a few bottles for when the kid reaches drinking age.

or joins the Corps

& congratulations! :mug:

Back