it looks like you are having a yard sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1k3

Reaction score
i think everyone needs some type of stand...
i just watched a video on youtube and it looked like the brewer was having a yard sale.

if you haven't done so yet... please build something to put your burners and vessels on.

not only will you help the image of home brewers but it will save you time on brew day too.

I got into this hobby to save money. I DIY as much as I can.

I love yard sales.

That said, I am building a stand to hold my vessels and have some storage underneath too. More for my own organization than for the neighbors' benefit.

Yeah, because that's the first thing I worry about when I'm brewing.

"Is this giving people a bad image of homebrewers?"

As I do a keg stand off my corny and stumble out into the yard, spilling beer and swearing at a broken hydrometer.

snob2.jpg

i just watched a video on youtube and it looked like the brewer was having a yard sale.

if you haven't done so yet... please build something to put your burners and vessels on.

not only will you help the image of home brewers but it will save you time on brew day too.

I hardly have room for my kettles and fermenters and refrigerators and buckets and my big rack of random stuffs.

Now I got to build a friggin stand too? I'm gonna have to sleep on the damn thing then.

I brew on my back patio. If anything, my neighbors think I'm making meth, not having a yard sale.

So are you saying I should stop brewing outdoors while wearing my leopard print speedo and German made black mesh tank top?

I too could care less what it looks like. It is also on an enclosed porch in my back yard so not many people will ever see it. I have a stand but that is for MY convenience.......

LOL what? You're kidding, right?
The image of a home brewer is hardly degraded by the way we set up our stuff.
What does your setup look like?

I don't have a stand. Well, I do, but it's not finished yet. It's a work-in-progress... for about 3 years now. Get off my back already, I'll finish it soon, the game's on right now.

In the mean time, my "brew setup" is me precariously stacking things on top of other things and pouring large pots of scalding hot water into them from on top of a stepladder balanced on another thing. Deal with it.

I don't like people telling me what to do.... So I'm putting my stand up for sale.

So I think we need a link to this video mentioned in the original post.

I had a neighbor pull into my driveway while I was hosting a big brew day with a few other brewers. We had 3 different set ups running with all the hoses and burners going to heat 4 pots.

He asks, "hey are you guys having a garage sale?" I politely introduced myself and explained what we were doing. He was cool about it, but I am still not sure he really thought it was a garage sale.

That being said, we did brew up 10 gallons of belgian single and 10 gallons of Saison. Considering the volume of beers consumed by the end, it was amazing it was as successful as it was.

Still, when you said, "It looks like you are having a yard sale" I have to chuckle since I did have someone actually say that to me... Good times!

I don't have a stand. Well, I do, but it's not finished yet. It's a work-in-progress... for about 3 years now. Get off my back already, I'll finish it soon, the game's on right now.

In the mean time, my "brew setup" is me precariously stacking things on top of other things and pouring large pots of scalding hot water into them from on top of a stepladder balanced on another thing. Deal with it.

Do you really need a brewing stand for booch?

That's all you make right?

Latest posts

Back