It is cold in North Pole, AK.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danweasel

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new here (obviously) and I just wanted to say hi and that I like this site already. I have made beer successfully-ish one time and failed twice. I have also made some pretty foul wine. But, I have been drinking my first beer for a few weeks now and I am encouraged. It was an ale I suppose...

The outside temp is -13F

Nice to meet ya,

Dan

That Chinese place is my wife's favorite actually.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll see you around.

Was there from 93-96 (lived in NP for about 6 months then on base) stationed at Eielson, if its the same Chinese place from back then it is good eats.

You're talking about the Pagoda, I just had some for dinner :)
Welcome to the board, I'm a new member myself, and a fellow North Polack.
Lemme know if you need help with anything.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am thinking about starting off a little simpler than an Eisbock. I am brewing my first Stout tomorrow though.

Hahaha, my "setup" is not much. I have a big pot, an auto-siphon, bottling wand and a big water cooler that I drilled out for a bottling bucket. Oh and 2 carboys. My new camera had to go back for warranty repair so I can't post pics just yet. But yeah, it's not much....yet.

Sounds similar to mine. Are you fortunate enough to have a garage to brew in, or do you commandeer the kitchen from SWMBO like me?

Hahaha, and my dogsled threw a runner the other day, trapping me a home.

I have a nice garage but right now I am brewing on the kitchen stove. SHE LOVES IT! I am actually heading to Gavoras's right now to get some ingredients to brew up some simulation Guinness. I have learned a whole lot from reading this site in the last few days so I have high hopes for this batch.

Welcome! I always thought it's a dry county about there ;)

Back