Issue with removing quick disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clopez0

Reaction score
Had started to carb a batch I had made 2 months ago and I attached the CO2 line to the out post to have it travel through the beer, however I now cant seem to remove it. I have given it a lot of force and it simply wont come off. I have turned off the tank and bled the regulator as well as releasing the pressure from the keg. Any suggestions?

You have to push and pull really hard. The only thing you might break is the disconnect. You don't have to put the gas line all the way onto the out post when doing it this way. Just enough to move gas. If it LOCKS onto the post, you end up where you are now.

Yeah when I had pushed it down I heard it lock into place. Luckily I bought two I case I break it off.

Try a 22mm open wrench or 15/16 and use the wrench to push up the coupling to the housing once it is snug just pry it off. Here I made my first video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Took a bit of force but I managed to pry it off without breaking it

Yep, although I just used an adjustible wrench I had laying around. Luckily it was small enough to grap under the disconnect. Once it was loose enough it just popped off by hand. Thanks again.

Back