ISO: River Horse FT: Chicago area beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallDan

Internet Hobo - Sheepmaster
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody near Ewing, NJ want to do a trade?

This request is a little odd, so stay with me here...

I've been in NJ the last couple weeks for work (and I'm going back this week). I noticed some River Horse beer on a shelf at a bottle shop. My wife's likes Hippos and mentioned recently that she doesn't have any beer t-shirts except for the ones we got for volunteering a GABF a few years ago and would like some.

Now, of course I could pick up some beer while I'm there and check a bag on my flight home with it, then order a shirt online, but checking a bag costs more than what I typically pay for shipping beer for trades, so on the off chance anyone is near the River Horse brewery and looking for some Chicago area beer to trade this is a win-win.

Now, I've never actually had any beer from River Horse, so if their beer sucks, let me know and I'll just order a shirt or maybe we can trade a small amount of it and some other east coast beer.

It wasn't terrible, I just had the dipa last night. But I'd rather have a shirt. Hippos and beer just go together, it's impossible to not buy that ****, good luck man.

Riverhorse for the win! Their triple is my favorite 'local' Belgian style brew. Their Brewer's Reserve series is really good...the latest is a batch of their Oatmeal stout aged in barrels with coffee...soooooo good
I have a glass from their old facility, which used to be right across the river and only maybe a half an hour drive. I miss seeing more of their bottles, I really do.

Talldan, did you get this worked out?

I've had a few offers from people who are in distribution area but aren't close enough to stop by the brewery for some swag. I may go ahead with that if I don't find someone close enough to get a shirt and maybe some glasses too.

Enjoying a river horse right now...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396393760.694720.jpg

So, i was just thinking that I might just go there tomorrow and pick up a shirt and stuff, then do a trade to get the beer home. It would be 2+ hours round trip from here, but it's not like i have better plans. Now that I'm looking though, it doesn't look like they have a brewpub, so the only way to get the merchandise might be ordering online.

So, i was just thinking that I might just go there tomorrow and pick up a shirt and stuff, then do a trade to get the beer home. It would be 2+ hours round trip from here, but it's not like i have better plans. Now that I'm looking though, it doesn't look like they have a brewpub, so the only way to get the merchandise might be ordering online.

They do. I have them on FB. Friend them to see what they have on tap.

Enjoying a river horse right now...

Cool! If you like the hopalotamus, try the hop hazard...to me its better. And yeah, no brew pub. I visited the old brewery before they moved but im pretty sure the new location is similar.

I don't do FB, but their website says "A tour is required in order to consume our delicious beverages on site." and their tours are only on weekends.

Those buggers! I'd love to hook you up but you want the good stuff from them. I only have access to a very limited few

Those buggers! I'd love to hook you up but you want the good stuff from them. I only have access to a very limited few

Sent an email to them last night and got a response already this morning:

River Horse Info said:
We have a gift shop on the premises that is open Fri-Sun from 12-5pm.
There are shirts, glassware, bottle openers, and plenty of take out beer.
The address is 2 Graphics Dr, Ewing, NJ 08628. The only other place that
our merchandise is available is through our online store, which you can
find through the tab at the top of our Facebook page.

That rules out me stopping by, I fly back home tomorrow.

Sent an email to them last night and got a response already this morning:

That rules out me stopping by, I fly back home tomorrow.

That's a shame, they are some good people and give a lot back to the community. Hope you find somebody to hook you up.

Back