Is this wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshman

Reaction score
It's 11:00 am, Monday. My boil is just past the half-way mark. I've already moved the previous batch to secondary. I plan on dumping some trub from the IPA in this batch instead of using the dried yeast that came with the kit (it's pool beer, I'm trying to bring up the philistines a bit), as I used a nice White Labs English Ale for the IPA and I'm thinking it'd be good for this English Pale Ale boiling now. I 'recycled' once before with good results, so I suspect it'll be OK this time, as well.

My question is this: Is it too early to be drinking beer, or is it OK if I'm making beer at the time?

11:00 AM is NOT too early to drink beer. If you're making beer at the time, and halfway through the boil, you're actually LATE. You should have started at 10:00 AM. Have another right away to balance it all out. :mug:

I would've started earlier, but this is the first time I've tried to boil and rack simultaneously, and I wanted to be clear on my duties.

Racking done, now I can concentrate on consumption. Besides, I have to mow the grass and then I'll be cleaning leaves outta the pool all day once this is done.

It's kinda funny. This is (obviously) an old thread, but since I started it and have another question along the line, I thought I'd shoot it here.

Is it OK to drink wine while brewing? It's not homemade wine, I haven't started down that road (yet), though I plan to, but it was what I felt like drinking.

Also find it pretty interesting that it was YooperBrew that had my back a year and a half-ish ago...Yet again, YB proves hisseff da man!

Sure, you can drink whatever you want while homebrewing.

As long as you have wort boiling, the calories don't even count. ;)

Dude... I'm a minister and I have bier for breakfast... sometimes! But hey in the name of balance I never over indulge!

Schlante and drink up,
Phillip

Ps if anyone says anything just tell em your minister said it was okay! :mug:

Oops. My bad.

But in the spirit of the expression, it still holds true. 'Nuff said.

Oops. My bad.

But in the spirit of the expression, it still holds true. 'Nuff said.

LOL! I didn't even remember that exchange from ages ago. Now, that's funny right there.

(Did it really take this long, and you never realized I'm a girl? I think that's great, if so. I mean, we're brewers here and sex doesn't matter. Wait- that's NOT how I meant that!)

To be honest, YB, I thought your 'handle' was different and you had the dominatrix avatar, and back then I knew. When I saw the different pic, I thought it was a different person.

Like you said, the gender of the person on the other end doesn't matter too much for the purposes of this forum. I'd been forcing myself to NOT hang out on these cool forums for a good couple months now, as I was getting that oh-so-telling minty green 'tan' that IT folks and hackers develop. Now it's just too doggone hot to be out there.

Hehehe. Hear that Yooper? You appear to be Red Green now!

As to the OP question. Always. There is never a bad time for a beer. I have consumed a beer during every hour of the day and/or night at some point in my drinking career.

If I dough in my mash at 6:30am, I dough myself in too.

As for wine, sorry, don't know, I don't drink the stuff myself. It lacks barley.

My question is this: Is it too early to be drinking beer, or is it OK if I'm making beer at the time?

my general rule is if i'm awake i can drink a beer with no remorse.

I think if you are brewing, or watching someone else brew, you better be drinking!

Back