Is this whole "beer style" craze out of hand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I mean really?

The BJCP details "guidelines" for 116 "styles" but according to the RateBeerAdvocates the only thing we should be buying are OctupletIPA and Xiang Dynasty Imperial Milk Stouts. It's really just that simple.

:p

I think the BJCP does help preserve various style profiles in this world of mix'em up & see how it goes brewing. Then update the list with the best of those new versions...or rare/extinct ones making a comeback.

Has anyone seen the dude that made the saison thread lately? Im wondering if he just bailed....same with the IPA guy

the only craze I'm not down with is the overpricing beer craze.
if it took a year to make it, ok, i'll pay $$$ for a big bottle (probably not but that's not my point)
but just because dogfish head is new to our state doesn't mean I'm paying $12 for a 6pack of 60 min.

Who cares about the ratings. Look on the shelves or tap list. All I see is hundreds of choices and most styles covered. Thats all that matters to me. If that is not the case for you, find a new bar/store

I drink beer because I like beer, I'm a member here because I like beer. I love going to places, bottle shops or taprooms, that have a wide variety of beer. I never really cared what rating a particular beer had on BA or untappd, if I've never tried it, and it's available wherever I happen to be, I'm gonna goddam try it.

Oh, and I think the hard rootbeer craze was out of hand, but I still tried it.:drunk:

I don't even like variety. Blonde, pale, Ipa, wheat and I'm good. That's why I never have any extra...I drink it.

I tend to think of beer styles like I think of music genres - it helps give you an idea of what you're getting into. Personally I tend to group them into larger overall categories any ways so my head doesn't asplode!

I mean really?

The BJCP details "guidelines" for 116 "styles" but according to the RateBeerAdvocates the only thing we should be buying are OctupletIPA and Xiang Dynasty Imperial Milk Stouts. It's really just that simple.

:p

You don't even drink beer. Or brew.

Trollie McTrollerson.

Back