Is this safe to santize everything?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimboo

Reaction score
image-3755087194.jpg

Is it safe or will it change taste of the beer when it is brewed?

It will sanitize what you need, but you may need to rinse. I can't read it in the pic, so make sure to find out if it is a no-rinse sanitizer or if you need to rinse.

I would hope if it says "brew clean" on it, you should be able to. Just follow the directions exactly; right dilution rate, rinsing/no-rinsing procedures, etc. and you should be fine.

It's for bar glassware... what else might it touch where you're worried about flavor influence?

It's a beer sanitize as rinse for behind a bar to rinse the glasses and sanitize them... It does have a chlorine smell to it.

I would highly recommend starsan for future sanitizing needs.

+1 - or 2...

StarSan is a no-rinse sanitizer, it only takes about 15 seconds of contact time to sanitize, it's safe to use for everything that touches your beer, and best of all, it's reusable. Just mix up a five gallon batch in a bucket, sanitize whatever you need, and seal the bucket. It will be good for all your sanitation needs for about a month. When it starts to get cloudy, dump it, and make a new batch.

Latest posts

Back