Is this fan ok for my keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justdrumin

Reaction score
I bought a muffin fan for the inside only to realize that I don't have a power supply like I thought. So while I was at target I saw this little 5v dc USB fan that came with a wall power supply as well for $9. I thought to myself...that things perfect! It looks exactly like the ones you used to see in tractor trailers, but it has a USB chord on it. Any issues with using this inside my keezer? It's a 7 cuft magic chef. I also have an EvaDry unit in there too. I figured I could wire the muffin fan to it with some wiring nuts and point one at the shanks, and the other pointed down. Maybe I'll mount em on the collar. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I'm pretty stoked. I just racked my first batch into the keg and it's sitting in my keezer at 10psi and 38*F carbing away! I went with the set it and forget it method. I didn't want to mess with amping up the psi and possibly over carbing. I'm hoping to have my first pull next weekend! :tank:

no worries on that fan. im using a radio shack 12vdc fan with a 5vdc-120vac transformer. it circulates enough air to keep the temps the same from top to bottom. you just need something rather then nothing.

Thanks! I don't know why, but my pic didn't upload last night. This is the fan. I figured it would be ok. I was just concerned about there being a lil bit of moisture and it shorting out the fan. I just wasn't sure if there would be any difference in the construction of this fan vs the muffin fan that would make this one unsafe.

image.jpg

I am using the same one in my keezer. It works well.

Sent from my HTC One using Home Brew mobile app

if you have the room for it, it is fine. Especially if it runs somewhat quietly. A fan makes a huge difference in temperature consistency, and in moisture. The only downside that I noticed was that my compressor cycled on and off more. Not a bunch, but maybe once more per hour......

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back