Is my LHBS completely crazy (Arrogant Bastard recipe)???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually, adding the hops right prior to pitching yeast, in the primary for a week, sounds interesting.... (if you can avoid infection)

kinda like an extra long dry hop right? Don't know if I'd do it before fermentation, but it might be worth a try.

I took the kit back to the store and talked to the manager. She told me that they had messed up by trying to cut and paste this recipe over an IPA's recipe. Either way I told her that I disagreed with most of their methods. They still maintain that you can boil your grains instead of mashing them, which I just think is wrong. Either way, she was a sport about it and took everything back. I now have the AHS kit coming my way so I can make a more accurate Arrogant Bastard (hopefully:)) And I'll definitely do my business with them cautiously, if I do it at all.

AHS tends to be good IMO. They're directions are better than most but I normally consult the HBT crowd before I start exploring a new recipe

Back