Is it stuck, am I stuck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys, I did my first AG batch a week ago. It was a Orfy's Mild Ale. I mashed in a little high, about 161F and got it down after about 15 min to 158F. The FG was about 1.037 and its now (5 days later) down to 1.016. The krausen never got above about 1/4 inch, but the airlock was going at about 40 bubbles/min after 12 hours. I was out of town over the weekend so I don't know how long the krausen stayed up, but it was down after 4 days. Anyway, I might have pitched the yeast into cold (65F) water and was wondering if it would be worth trying to get the beer above 70-72 to see if I can kick off the fermentation again, or if I should just leave it.

Thanks!

The colder temp may slow the yeasties down a bit but not stop them. What is the FG range for that beer style? You could give the fermenter a swirl but don't shake it and see if you can wake up some of those sleeping yeasties.

Back